[cctalk] Re: TOP POSTING

Rich Alderson RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org
Thu Dec 10 13:42:19 CST 2015

From: Liam Proven
Sent: Thursday, December 10, 2015 8:33 AM

> On 10 December 2015 at 16:54,  <ethan at 757.org>> wrote:
>> Bad news is Gmail never deletes your emails, ever. They remove them from
>> your view but keep it on their servers for profiling you.

> *I* never delete my emails. I have a trail back to 1994. So?

Piker.  My e-mail archives extend back to the 1970s, stored on 9-track mag tape
(with slight interruptions for job changes--learned that lesson after a while).
Oh, ;-)

On the subject line topic, I read this list via an Exchange/Outlook setup,
since it's job-related.  To reply, I "C-a C-x" and paste into an Emacs window
to edit and respond to points made, then "C-x h C-c C-x"[1] to put the result
into the clipboard and "C-v" it in the Outlook reply window.  Simple.  Quick.
Gives me time to think about what I'm going to say.

                                                                Rich

[1] Personalized key binding: Otherwise, M-x clipboard-kill-region, which is
    much less convenient. :-)

Rich Alderson
Vintage Computing Sr. Systems Engineer
Living Computer Museum
2245 1st Avenue S
Seattle, WA 98134

mailto:RichA at LivingComputerMuseum.org

http://www.LivingComputerMuseum.org/