Where's a good place to list stuff?

Dave G4UGM dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Thu Apr 30 03:51:30 CDT 2015

There is also the MARCH list, and also often specific lists for special equipment, but it seems many of the other sites are laced with scammers. I recently posted a "wanted" on the British Amateur Radio Teledata Group "BARTG" asking about Creed parts and had some scammer from New Jersey offering to sell me them. It was only as I knew that shipping from the USA would be expensive I googled the e-mail address only to find the same guy spends his life trawling sites for "wanted" adds and offers to sell you anything old and rare, including computer, radio auto and motor cycle parts. These days its simple enough to ask for a photo of the part. You can then usually use google image search to see which web site he stole it from...

A friend also tried to sell a piano on GumTree. He has had nothing but sob stories of folks wanted him to pay to ship it to themselves.

He also tried LOOT (I don't think you have it in the US) with similar results.

Even AutoTrader(UK) seems tainted. I recently googled one vendor who seemed to have less expensive motorbikes, again to find several folks with tails of scams over the years.

So I guess the old adage "Buyer Beware" is still true, and E-Bay seems a well regulated market place.

> Sharp PC-5000 bubble memory portable w/printer
>
> HP 45711B Portable Plus, c/w 2 x 9114 HPIL Disk drives and a 2225B printer.
> HP 18179A protocol analyzer
> HP sheet plotter (IEEE/GPIB); (can't get at it to look up the number right now)

Pity its in the US....

>  and the piece de resistance:
> An HP fetal monitor (without probes) for the budding pediatrician among you.

Dave
G4UGM