What to look for in a Model 33 Teletype - a newb's buyer's guide?

tony duell ard at p850ug1.demon.co.uk
Fri Nov 21 13:13:15 CST 2014

> If you - or anyone - have links to digital copies of the Mdl. 33 service /
> operator's manuals, please send those my way - would be very much
> appreciated!

Take a look on the Australian HP museum web site (http://www.hpmuseum.net/)
under the HP2752A terminal. I am pretty sure the available documentation there
includes all 3 volumes of the Model 33 manual.

> I presume the rubber hammer isn't so much a /rubber hammer/ as a steel
> hammer with a bonded rubber face? Sort of like a pinch roller or drive

It's a steel bracket with a rubber 'head' fitted over a stud, The head is actually
a separate part, it wasn't bonded on. At one time I had some new spares, but
alas they have decayed by now.

If the head is decayed/missing, then the steel stud hits the type cylinder, with
obvious unpleasant results.

-tony