Identifying an 1802 system

wrcooke at wrcooke.net wrcooke at wrcooke.net
Mon May 16 08:22:56 CDT 2022

> On 05/15/2022 11:02 PM John Ball via cctech <cctech at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>

> I just received a machine that someone found at a Vancouver second hand
> store that I basically told them to buy on the single fact I don't own any
> COSMAC machines and I've now had a chance to take it apart and photograph
> the boards. It seems to be some sort of a kit system that the previous owner
> put into a custom enclosure along with a power supply, a cassette interface

I suggest asking over at cosmacelf.com.  There is a lot of Cosmac info and expertise there, not just about Elfs (elves?).
One thing that comes to mind is a series of boards and kits that were developed by a Canadian user group that sounds much like you describe.  Development of those were tracked in their newsletter, Ipso Facto:
http://cosmacelf.com/publications/newsletters/ipso-facto/

Some of the people who developed those systems are members of the forum at cosmacelf.com.

Will