The TRS-80 Journey Continues

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Sat May 7 08:09:18 CDT 2022

I had forgotten just how much fun the TRS-80's could be.
At least for the moment I am giving up on trying to get
a TEAC 55GFR to work and just grabbed a par of disks from
one of my COCOs to work with.  I think one of the things
I need to do is try to move all of my old 5.25" disks to
3.5" disks as I expect functional 5.25" drives and disks
are just going to become rarer.  Maybe I should try the
GreaseWeazle on them and see if it can image them.

On another note, at one point my 4P failed to read from
a floppy.  The "Cass?" prompt showed up followed by the
"Memory" prompt.  I'm confused.  I thought the 4P didn't
have any ROM in it.  Where could these prompts and an
apparently functioning BASIC come from?

bill