The TRS-80 Journey Continues

Bill Gunshannon bill.gunshannon at hotmail.com
Thu May 5 13:16:13 CDT 2022

On 5/5/22 13:34, Mike Loewen via cctalk wrote:
> On Thu, 5 May 2022, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
>
>> Next step...
>>
>> Apparently mu original Tandon floppy has bought the farm.
>> Does anyone know what the jumper setting are for a
>> TEAC FD-55GFR-149 for the TRS-80 4P?
>>
>> I tried the usual (like for a DEC RX-33) but that didn't
>> fly.  Every sector fails verify after a format.  I am sure
>> it's a jumper thing.
>
>     The FD-55GFR is a 1.2MB drive, double-sided. The Model 4P used 360K
> drives (possibly Teac FD-55A), single-sided as installed at the factory.
> Are you sure that's the model number that was in your 4P?

I know it wasn't.  The original was a Tandon 50.  But the TEAC
FD-55GFR (in various flavors) was used in a lot of systems and
at least one website said they were used in the 4P.  It is an
extremely configurable drive that I have used for numerous DEC
systems (even the infamous RX50!)  I have several of them and
it should work just fine if I can find the magic jumper combination.

bill