Different font for second 1 on commodore 1571 drives (and others)

John Robertson jrr at flippers.com
Thu May 5 12:43:36 CDT 2022

On 2022/05/05 10:26 a.m., Toby Thain via cctalk wrote:
> On 2022-05-05 1:03 p.m., John Herron via cctalk wrote:
>> Someone at work pointed this out and I've never really thought about
>> it. Is
>> anyone here aware of the decision or reason to use a different 1
>> character
>> for the last 1 vs the first 1?
>
> Got a picture?

They may have run out of that original font if they were setting the
type with something like Lettraset in the day.

I restore and sell the first coin operated video game - Nutting's
Computer Space - and they mixed all sorts of fonts on the control panel.
It was a pain to reproduce it!

John :-#)#

--
                  John's Jukes Ltd.
7 - 3979 Marine Way, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5J 5E3