PDP 11/24 - A Step Backwards

Chris Zach cz at alembic.crystel.com
Tue Mar 29 08:04:15 CDT 2022

On 3/29/2022 2:28 AM, Joshua Rice wrote:
> Just to chip in my 5 pennies worth. At least in the QBUS world, the only
> chipset that wouldn't ODT without memory is the original LSI-11 (and the
> T11 i believe, but that's moot because they came with RAM onboard). You
> should still get ODT on F11 and J11 chipsets even without RAM.

I totally agree and this threw me for a bit of a loop when I was testing
my 11/24. I can do a quick check next week, but from what I can remember
I was baffled at no ODT until memory was in. Maybe it was the 7273's but
I went through 4 cpu boards trying it. Memory in and it all worked.

And I have 3 spare 11/24 cpus all in working order for sale if anyone
needs one :-)

I'll double check later.

CZ