Webinar: Ethernet's Emergence from Xerox PARC: 1975-1980

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Mon Mar 28 17:41:35 CDT 2022

On 3/28/22 12:09 PM, Nigel Johnson Ham via cctalk wrote:
> OK, it was wireless, but that brings up another surprise, that wireless
> ethernet came before wired :-)

As others have indicated, I think not.  ;-)

I recently watched the following videos of Bob Metcalfe:

  - Link - Ethernet Briefings in April 1978 by Bob Metcalfe (112 minutes)
     - https://youtu.be/Fj7r3vYAjGY

And the follow up:

  - Link - Metcalfe's Law After 40 Years of Ethernet (19 minutes)
     - https://youtu.be/f6CJA421aUo

The Ethernet Briefings video goes into fairly good detail comparing and
contrasting ALOHA net and Ethernet.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die