While on the subject of cabinets...

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Wed Mar 2 10:45:22 CST 2022

On Tuesday (03/01/2022 at 04:36PM -0800), Marc Howard via cctech wrote:
> I've got a PDP 11/34 I've never opened up.  It's mounted in a H9642
> cabinet.  I can't get the bloody thing to extend on the chassis track
> slides.
>
> Is there a catch or lock screw on this unit?

Mine (and we may be learning, is not be a proper configuration) does not
have any release or catch to allow the CPU to slide out.  I just grab it
and start pulling and it slides out--  although it does not slide easily.
That could be due to old, stiffened lubricant on the slides.

BUT! make sure you pull out the front foot at the bottom of the rack to keep
the whole rack from tipping forward if you do get the CPU to slide out.

The CPU is a heavy beast and the rack WILL tip forward once the CPU is
out far enough.

Chris
--
Chris Elmquist