IBM 1410 FPGA Update

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Wed Jun 22 10:21:52 CDT 2022

Resend (first one seems to have bounced)

My FPGA implementation of the IBM 1410 Data Processing System continues
to progress.  There is now a console (with the console typewriter,
keyboard, lights and switches) written in C# up on github.

With that addition several things now work:

- Address Set (including instruction counter)
- Memory Display and Alter
- Several instructions have been tried: set word mark, halt,
   add, subtract, jump on inquiry and unconditional jump

Several issues remain, the most important of which are:
- Addressing over 09999 is not working correctly
- Console output with M%T0aaaaaW just endlessly repeats
   the first character (at address aaaaa) - no increment.

github projects include:

The C# SMS data gathering / entry / update application:
https://github.com/cube1us/IBM1410SMS

The FPGA implementation in VHDL:
https://github.com/cube1us/IBM1410FPGA

The newly added C# console application:
https://github.com/cube1us/IBM1410Console

A series of posts can be found from my website page at
https://www.computercollection.net/index.php/ibm-1410-fpga-implementation/