PL/M & CP/M

Hector Peraza bfr91 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 7 02:30:29 CDT 2022

On 5/31/2022 12:29 AM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
> On 5/30/22 18:20, Chuck Guzis via cctalk wrote:
>> Are you talking about this?
>>
>> https://web.archive.org/web/20131110002247/http://www.nj7p.info/Common/Toys/Software/OS/work/IntelTools.zip
>>

>> (Courtesy of Mark Ogden)
>>

> Not what I thought I was looking for but may turn out very
> useful anyway.  I might be able to build a system and then
> dis-assemble it to Z80 mnemonics.  In any event, it will
> make fun reading.
>
> Thank you.
>
> bill

In the late 80's I disassembled a PL/M compiler I got in paper tape and
ported it to CP/M. Then stored it in a cassette tape, then lost it, then
about 8 years ago found it again and recovered it. The compiler had no
indication whatsoever of who wrote it, but with the help of Mr. Emmanuel
Roche from comp.os.cpm it's origin was traced back to Norsk Data's
PL/Mycro compiler for their Mycro-1 8080 machine. It is a one-pass
compiler (the key to its identification), appeared to be written
directly in 8080 assembly, and produces hex or binary output. I never
made it available anywhere, except for the copy I gave to Mr. Roche and
IIRC to Mark Ogden too. Is that the one you mean? The only other PL/M
compiler I know about that ran on 8-bit hardware, besides Intel's, was
PLMX but I don't now the history behind it.

Hector.