IBM PC Connecting to DECNET

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Jun 3 07:16:59 CDT 2022

> On Jun 3, 2022, at 12:47 AM, Glen Slick via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> On Thu, Jun 2, 2022, 9:36 PM Warner Losh via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Speaking of DEPCA, does anybody (a) know what kind of mouse connects (the
>> docs just say DIGITAL MOUSE) and (b) know where to get one?
>>
>> Warner
>>

> The usual VSXXX round mouse that is also used with VAXstations, either the
> ball version or the Hawley wheel version.

That's a serial (4800 bps UART) mouse, right?  The protocol is documented; if all else fails you could create a converter for some other mouse type.  I did that for keyboards; the same hardware with different firmware is likely to do the trick.  I can't do it because I have nothing that would use such a mouse, though.

	paul