A Personal Milestone (Data General Emulation)

Stephen Merrony merrony.stephen at orange.fr
Thu Jun 2 15:46:11 CDT 2022

I hope hope you don't mind me sharing a little personal milestone: today
my long-winded attempt at a Data General AOS/VS emulator ran an original
third-party program successfully for the first time.

There are actually two closely-coupled emulators, one that attempts to
emulate MV class hardware, and another that tries to provide a virtual
AOS/VS environment.

Due to the frustrating lack of freely available documentation and
software for these machines which ceased production in the mid-1990s, I
am now focusing on the AOS/VS emulator.

Oh, the program that ran was OTHELLO, from the NADGUG (North American
Data General User Group) games collection.  I lost the game :-/

If anyone is interested, the emulator status is here:
https://github.com/SMerrony/dgemua/blob/main/STATUS.md

Steve