Testing H745 Regulators

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Thu Jan 27 00:27:21 CST 2022

The guys at RICM have seen a problem with these supplies that if the output
cap is bad it won't start switching properly. It goes into a mode where it
acts as a linear regulator. As far as I remember they the a spice
simulation that also indicated this when the output cap had low
capacitance.

Do you see switch pulses coming out of the 723?

As suggested earlier it is a good idea to have a real AC source that is not
going to fold back when you put some load on to the H745.

Does it switch correctly with less load?

/Mattis