Typing in lost code

Jonathan Chapman lists at glitchwrks.com
Sun Jan 23 09:26:04 CST 2022

I recently dealt with this with the DaJen SCI monitor listing out of the manual. The copy is pretty bad, and either their printer was having issues, or slashing of "zero" vs "O" was inconsistent somehow. OCRing it produced more of a mess than just sitting with the original and a text editor open side-by-side.

I can't imagine it would've worked out well to have someone who wasn't familiar with 8080 assembly language transcribe it, I had a rough enough time on my own, and ended up having to compare the assembly output to a known-good ROM dump to get the last of the discrepancies out.

Thanks,
Jonathan