The Portable C Compiler (pcc)

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sun Jan 9 09:55:07 CST 2022

    > From: Tom Hunter

    > The original "Portable C Compiler" by S. C. Johnson (also known as
    > "pcc") had functional support for the Data General Nova. Could somebody
    > please point me to this original implementation?
    > I am looking for the original implementation - not any recent work.

Of PCC, or the Nova version?

The _oriinal_ PCC, released to the world in V7, is there:

  https://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=V7/usr/src/cmd/mip
  https://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=V7/usr/src/cmd/pcc
  https://minnie.tuhs.org/cgi-bin/utree.pl?file=V7/usr/doc/porttour

That one is dated 1979. I have a slightly later version, from 1982 or so,
which is the 68K one done at MIT. Not sure if either of those is any use to
you, though.

	Noel