Source for replacement caps in H744 regulators

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Thu Jan 6 02:52:47 CST 2022

I think I may need to replace the two output capacitors in some of my H744
regulators. These are screw terminal 6,000uF 10V parts. I have looked on
Mouser, Farnell and Digikey and there don't seem to be any available, and
any that are listed are really rather costly.

Does anyone know where I might find some, preferably from a reputable
supplier. Note that I am in the UK.

If I can't find 10V rated ones, then, generally up to what sort of voltage
rating can I go? Of course, physical size will be a factor, but electrically
can it affect operation of the regulator if the rated voltage is too high?

Thanks

Rob