Memory Tech you don't see very often

Joshua Rice rice43 at btinternet.com
Thu Jan 6 02:19:52 CST 2022

Not cost effective at nearly $10,000! I understand they're very rare,
given they were only used for a few years in industry and they're
clocking on 3/4 of a century old, but even then, that seems an order of
magnitude or two off the real value.
Actually, looking them up, doesn't seem they were used in much at all.
Seems to have been a bit of a technological dead-end since core memory
quickly superseded it with it's (relatively) cheap costs and (relative)
ease of manufacturing. I imagine the US gov. probably used them
somewhere, since they were a sucker for cutting edge technology of the
time.
Would be interesting to know how many hours it's got on it