What is a BC01-R

Nigel Johnson Ham g4ajq1 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 2 10:35:16 CST 2022

The original serial interface in the PDP-11 (later 11/20) was four cards
in a specially-wired backplane slot.  There was an M782(1?) interrupt
controller, a data path module whose number I forget, and the interface.
That card brought out the cable to the outside world. IOW they were
combining existing modules to get the serial function, and adding the
interface card to connect to the outside world.

The later DL11 of course did it all on one module which fitted into an
SPC slot and had a 40-pin Berg connector on the side facing the Unibus
slots for the cable take-off.

It's been along time since I took the factory training course on the
PDP11/20, and I believe the ones I worked on in the lab at Maynard that
already had a DL11 in them.

cheers,

Nigel

Nigel Johnson, MSc., MIEEE, MCSE VE3ID/G4AJQ/VA3MCU
Amateur Radio, the origin of the open-source concept!
Skype:  TILBURY2591nw.johnson at ieee.org