VAX 780 on eBay

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Sat Jan 1 13:19:29 CST 2022

On 1/1/22 12:51 PM, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:

> True.  But if you're trying to get > $5000 for something, it doesn't seem unreasonable to suggest that investing a bit in getting an extension cord run to the location of the machine would be a good idea.  The absence of that effort makes me wonder if the owner knows what the outcome of such a test would be and doesn't want to have to report it.

The /780 came standard with a 5-pin Hubbell twist-lock
connector for 3-phase 208/240 V WYE power.

While it could be rewired for single-phase power, it would
take fairly massive rewiring of the power control.  The 3
blowers all ran off line-line power, I think, and the H7100
power supplies ran off 120V line-neutral from different phases.

Jon