VAX 780 on eBay

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Sat Jan 1 12:53:35 CST 2022

On 1/1/22 11:46 AM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
> Having 240 in your house does not necessarily mean you have 240 outlets
> anywhere and not everyone is capable of doing their own house wiring.

There may even be 240 V outlets but not available when / where needed.
E.g. in use (stove, dryer, water heater) or too far away to be able to
plug the VAX in for testing.  Then there's also the chance that the
plugs don't match.

I do 120 V wiring semi-regular.  I've done 240 V wiring before.  I'm
sure that I'll do it again.  But I'm always afraid that failure mode on
the 240 V is going to fail spectacularly.  My only saving grace is that
the breaker will almost certainly trip in short order to mitigate my
failure.  Thankfully no breaker trips thusfar.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die