DEC top-mount corporate cabinet

Chris Elmquist chrise at pobox.com
Mon Feb 28 13:07:52 CST 2022

On Saturday (02/26/2022 at 03:21PM -0500), pbirkel--- via cctalk wrote:
> A top-mount corporate cabinet looks like this:
> http://www.cosam.org/images/pdp11-23/front2.jpg  The "DECDatasystem"
> front-bar in the photo is over the 1U strengthener that braces the upper
> portion of the rack ... since there is no brace at the top (as yours has).
> Your cabinet will work fine; in my experience RL02's are always tight and
> fiddly any place but the top-spot.

Is there a (hand-)book that describes the DEC cabinets and in particular this
"top-mount corporate cabinet"?  Is there a BA # for this cabinet?

I have an 11/34 in said cabinet but it is missing this 1U strengthener
although I do have the 1U front-bar.  I had to jigger a means to hold
the front-bar in place and have been unable to understand how it would
correctly attach to the rack and the strengthener, probably because I
don't have the strengthener!

Any part numbers or drawings that show this arrangement would be quite
helpful.

Thanks!

Chris
--