11/83 operating system load update -2

Joshua Rice Rice43 at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 23 12:16:20 CST 2022

> On Feb 23, 2022, at 6:04 PM, Chuck Guzis via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> If running 98 or 95, just do a "shutdown to MS-DOS prompt", rather than
> opening a DOS Window and you'll be fine.
>
> --Chuck

I’ve written RX50’s to generic PC SSDD disks using a DOS window in 98SE. As long as you’re running 9x, PUTR should work as intended.

I highly suspect the issue lies with either the floppy controller, or the floppy drive itself. It would be worth inspecting the floppy drive to make sure lint or other detritus isn’t blocking the write protect mechanism. I had similar issues with the RX50 in my 11/23

Josh Rice.