cctalk Digest, Vol 89, Issue 21

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 17:16:40 CST 2022

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 2:20 PM Rod Smallwood via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> I'm sure that will work. Unfortunatly dd is a linux command.
>
> I only have windows PC's.

You never answered if you have a SCSI controller in your PC, or have
the ability to add a SCSI controller to your PC. If you don't, the
whole discussion of using 'dd' or equivalent is moo.

> simH is highly complex and needs a lot of setup. ( I know - I tried -
> total nightmare)

If you think setting up and using SIMH is highly complex, wait until
you find out how complex setting up and using real PDP-11 hardware is.

> It does not have support for the CMD CDD 220 SCSI controller and a RH-18A

Huh? SIMH emulates MSCP controllers and attached disks of arbitrary
size just fine.