Installing an operating system on an 11/83

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Feb 22 14:06:57 CST 2022

On Tue, Feb 22, 2022 at 9:02 AM Antonio Carlini via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> I never installed it this way myself, but MicroVMS on the MicroVAX II
> was distributed on RX50 floppies: lost of them.

I have 2-3 install kits for MicroVMS on RX50.  I'm working on imaging
them.  First attempts were not successful (media is fine).  I will
have to re-try this Spring.

Each one is a large stack of floppies.  Multiple savesets with up to a
dozen disks in each (but mostly 1 to 4 per saveset is more common.

-ethan