Seeking paper tape punch

Guy Fedorkow fedorkow at mit.edu
Mon Feb 21 15:26:26 CST 2022

[apologies if this is a dup, but I didn't see it coming back in any of
the cctalk digests]

Greetings CC-Talk,
   I've been working on a low-budget project to help to introduce
students to history of computing through material we have from MIT's
1950's Whirlwind project.  The activity would have more of a hands-on
feel if we could use actual paper tape.
   A simple reader is easy enough, but a punch is a bit harder.  We
don't need anything "authentic", or fast, or high performance, just
something fairly reliable.
    If anyone can suggest where to find such a machine, could you let me
know?  Fanuc PPR, GNT 4601/4604, and the DSI NC-2400 have been cited as
possible candidates, but I don't see anything that looks like a good
match on ebay.

   Thanks!
/guy fedorkow