ID these DEC floppy disks

Glen Slick glen.slick at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 19:26:14 CST 2022

On Thu, Feb 17, 2022 at 4:28 PM Chris Zach via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Hey all!
>
> While going through floppies I found these and was wondering what they
> were. Only clue in Google was someone asking in 1997 same thing.
>
> BL-T540B-M1 CZUFDB1 USER TESTS
> BL-T541B-M1 CZXD1B1 FIELD SERVICE TESTS 1
> BL-T542B-MC CZXD2B0 FIELD SERVICE TESTS 2
> BL-T565B-MC CZXD3B0 FIELD SERVICE TESTS 3
> BL-T583B-MC CZXD4B0 FIELD SERVICE TESTS 4
>
> Any ideas? The first one does not have a write protect tab, the others
> do. There is also one other disk I found
>
> CZMX4E0 Micro 11 Maint RX50 4
>
> On this one the write protect flag was torn off (was on from factory and
> removed)

My guess is that these are Micro-11 diagnostic test disks, as
mentioned in Section 5.7 USER TEST DISKETTES, on Page 5-12, of this
manual:
MicroPDP-11 Systems Technical Manual, EK-MIC11-TM-002
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp11/microPDP11/EK-MIC11-TM-002_MicroPDP11_Systems_Technical_Manual_Sep85.pdf

These possibly related tests are listed as being included as part of
the XXDP distribution on page A-22 of the PDP-11 Diagnostic Handbook,
1988
http://www.bitsavers.org/pdf/dec/pdp11/xxdp/PDP11_DiagnosticHandbook_1988.pdf

ZUFlEO.BIN    MICRO-11 USER TEST #1
ZUF2EO.BIN    MICRO-11 USER TEST #2
ZUF3AO.BIN    MICRO-11 USER TEST #3
ZUF4AO.BIN    MICRO-11 USER TEST #4

If you have the ability to create ImageDsk images of these disks it
might be interesting to take a look at them.