cleaning up edge connectors

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Sat Apr 30 16:53:57 CDT 2022

Once the corrosion is removed I recommend using DC-4 on the connections. It will protect the surfaces and keep great electrical connections. It is a silicon grease that is non-conductive but keeps the surface clean and improves metal to metal electrical contact. It doesn't allow oxides to build at the contact surfaces.
It has measurable improvements of even gold on gold. I've used it on solder to solder as well other dissimilar metals with good results.
I've used it on high current connections to reduce resistive heating up to 1000 amperes.
Dwight