Yet another TRS-80 question

Fred Jan Kraan fjkraan at electrickery.nl
Tue Apr 26 14:25:15 CDT 2022

On 4/26/22 7:00 PM, Bill Gunshannon wrote:

> Has anyone ever seen a TRSDOS equivalent of the CP/M LOAD
> command?  I have the PL/M-80 compiler running but it's
> output is an Intel HEX File. Works great for CP/M but I
> would really like to try some programs under TRSDOS.  The
> only other option at this point would be to dis-assemble
> the HEX File and then re-assemble the program after a
> little massaging to make it match one of the TRSDOS
> assembler programs.
For my Model 4p serial boot demo, I wrote just that program in Python.
https://github.com/electrickery/SerialBoot. It converts from hex-intel
to an intermediate ASCII presentation of an LMF-file. This is somewhat
useful, as you have to provide the entry address manually. The
conversion to a real binary file is trival, but not yet there (had no
need for it myself).

> bill
Greetings,

Fred Jan