PCI floppy controller

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Fri Apr 22 20:55:56 CDT 2022

On Fri, 22 Apr 2022, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk wrote:
> I guess I'll find out.  I just ordered one.  Shipping is almost as much
> as the device. :-(
> Still think I will look into what it would take to access floppies
> from an Arduino.  They're fun to play with, too.

In the early days of some of those devices, the primary users of them were
interested in saving the raw track images for later recreation/copying of
disks, and many didn't see any reason to want to even convert to sectors,
much less parse the DIRectory and implement fucnctions of the file system
to get FILES as output.

It would be interesting to hear about the current state of the art of
software for them to use as sector readers and for which file systems
there is now software to extract FILES.   (as opposed to raw image
archiving for recreation/copying only)

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com