Advice on Desoldering an IC

W2HX w2hx at w2hx.com
Fri Apr 15 14:27:14 CDT 2022

I would not attempt any desoldering without my hakko 808. I never leave home with out it. While you are sucking and heating the pin, wiggle the pin and it work great. I've desoldered 40 pin chips without trouble, they drop right out of the board. I desoldered this 40 pin chip from a working device just to try it in another device I was repairing. Then I put it back. I had no concern about damaging the chip. I used to use the wick/sucker approach from childhood until about 20 years old. I always hated the results. Hakko is a game changer for me.

73 Eugene W2HX
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/w2hx-channel/videos