Retro networking / WAN communities

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Tue Apr 12 12:25:59 CDT 2022

On 4/12/22 8:50 AM, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:
> A device that doesn't do address learning and floods unicast frames
> is not a bridge but rather a non-standard piece hardware.

I feel like a "hub" qualifies as "a device that doesn't do address
learning and floods unicast frames".

To me, the fundamental difference between a hub and a switch / bridge is
address learning.

I can't tell if your (quoted) statement is specific to /just/ bridges /
switches or could include hubs.  Your first comment addresses bridges
directly, thus meaning that your second non-targeted comment might
target more.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die