Quantum ATL-7100 DLT Changer in SLC

Tim Riker Tim at Rikers.org
Sat Apr 9 00:58:12 CDT 2022

I have a Quantum ATL-7100 100 tape DLT changer. Last I checked it worked
fine. It's almost as big as a fridge. I have around 100 tapes for it,
not all the same density. It uses fast/wide scsi-3 differential for the
drives. I think I have 2 working drives in the cabinet plus one or 2
separate external drives.

I think my drives are DLT-7000 or similar which gives a total capacity
of 7TB.

Upgraded with SDLT 220 drives and tapes the chassis would have a
capacity of 22TB.

Anyone interested in picking this up in South Jordan Utah? (outside Salt
Lake City).

The only issues I know about it, is the tape loading pivoting door is
not quite rotating correctly, and I replaced one of the AT power
supplies with a unit that is NOT autoswitching. So if you want to run
the unit on 220V instead of 110, you will need to change the chassis and
the replaced internal power supply.

It's really fun to load it up with tapes, then tell it to auto-shuffle
them. I have the door hot wired so you can open the door while it's
operating. Easy to restore the switch if you don't want to.

Photos here:

https://rikers.org/gallery/hardware-atl7100

Interested, please email directly, I don't check the list very often.

Tim