Core memory

Brent Hilpert bhilpert at shaw.ca
Fri Apr 1 13:38:51 CDT 2022

On 2022-Apr-01, at 6:02 AM, Paul Koning via cctalk wrote:

> When I looked at that ebay listing of "glass memory" it pointed me to another item, https://www.ebay.com/itm/265623663142 -- described as "core rope memory".  Obviously it isn't -- it's conventional core RAM.  Interestingly enough, it seems to be three-wire memory (no inhibit line that I can see).  It looks to be in decent shape.  No manufacturer marks, and "GC-6" doesn't ring any bells.

Well, it would still work for 1-bit-wide words, so to speak. One wonders what the application was.

There are a couple of Soviet core-rope memories up right now:
	https://www.ebay.com/itm/294558261336
	https://www.ebay.com/itm/294851032351
Shipping from New York, curiously.

The glass memory has apparently sold.