DEC KM11 (Was: DEC KL11)

Tony Duell ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 03:12:18 CDT 2021

On Thu, Sep 23, 2021 at 6:38 PM Noel Chiappa via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Huh? The KM11 doesn't plug into the UNIBUS (or QBUS); it's a MASSBUS device (a
> solid-state storage device, actually), so it plugs into an RH11 or RH70 or
> something like that. (I should work with the VAX MASSBUS controller, too.)
> So the question 'is it 18 bit compatible' makes no sense.

Were there 2 things called the KM11?

The KM11 that I know is the maintenance unit, composed of a W130 and
W131 plugged together. It goes into a specially-wired connector on
some older PDP11s (e.g. the 11/45), controllers (e.g. RK11C) and
periperals (e.g. RX01).

 I have a pair of real DEC ones, and a clone I built to do tests on my
PDP11/45 before I got the DEC ones.

-tony