VAXstation 100 ROM image

Lars Brinkhoff lars at nocrew.org
Wed Sep 22 02:14:30 CDT 2021

> Does anyone have a (set of) ROM image(s) for the VAXstation 100?
> It might be interesting to attempt an emulator.

I think the machine has some historical interest.  Barbara Liskov's CLU
group received a number of VS100 terminals for their VAX.  This prompted
Bob Scheifler to create X.  CLU even got X libraries before C.

X10 comes with software for the VS100 "version 3.10", but it goes into
RAM through the ROM firmware.  The other main concern, emulation-wise,
would be the blitter with its separate microcode.