Burnable, patched Microvax-2000 SCSI-boot EPROM images?

Jonathan Chapman lists at glitchwrks.com
Tue Sep 21 18:41:36 CDT 2021

> One of my Fall projects is to figure out why my Data I/O 29A isn't
> working. It's been sitting for years and when I got it out last year,
> it didn't pass self-test. I need to spend some time looking over the
> posts in that group to see if my symptoms are common.

The diagnostics are pretty good, and the service manual for the base + pack of choice will get you through it! Let me know if you can't get it going.

> That said, unless you need to program stuff other than 2716-27512 and
> up in that line, an old Data I/O is probably not what you need. If
> you need to program chips made before 1985, then it might be a good
> choice.

Agreed, not necessary to go with a Data I/O if you don't need to program old or weird stuff. And certainly not at the price of that eBay one, with the limited pack it has, and no front panel/display.

Thanks,
Jonathan