Micropolis 1525 stuck heads

Chris Zach cz at alembic.crystel.com
Mon Sep 20 01:13:58 CDT 2021

That is what fixed it, hair dryer blowing around the unit. I stayed away
from the circuit boards and just kept moving to different places. I
thought a head was sticking, but it finally started to move a bit so it
might have been a really gummed bearing. Or #3 head was stuck and
loosened, most of the errors are on that head.

Running it through the MFM tool got all but 200 or so sectors on the
first pass, most errors were on head 3 but tapered off after cyl 500.
Seems like a normal copy of Accent, no special information so it might
not be worth taking the world apart to get it working.

Thanks everyone. Back to