Wanted: Sun Sparcstation Classic/LX PS Fan

Kurt Nowak knowak at alumni.calpoly.edu
Mon Sep 13 13:15:48 CDT 2021

Hi Malte,
Thanks. Yes, I saw the datasheet. Unfortunately it's an obsolete fan and
Nidec doesn't seem to have a replacement in their newer lines. However the
4 wire version model E34386 with speed sensing has similar characteristics
and there are several on eBay. Looking at the fan curves however, The
E34386 doesn't do as well at the same pressure drop as the M33402. Sun
Lunch boxes are already pretty strapped for adequate cooling so I'd rather
get something a little stronger while not exceeding the M33402's 140mA
rating too much. I did happen to find a vendor who sells the M33402 but the
description was a bit ambiguous and I'm still waiting on confirmation that
it's the same fan.

http://www.nidecpg.com/fanpdfs/ta225dc.pdf