Pictures: Early IC Package with Rolled Legs

Jonathan Chapman lists at glitchwrks.com
Tue Nov 23 07:35:41 CST 2021

I figured this would probably be of interest to some people here, too:

https://imgur.com/a/TCrIxEH

I've had this NS DM8200D 4-bit comparator for a while, after posting some pictures of it to Twitter, Evil Mad Scientist Labs offered to take super macro photos of it for me. It's just a comparator, but the DIP package is a very early "gold sandwich" style carrier. What really makes the packaging unique is that the legs are rolled into a tubular shape, rather than being the usual stamped/coined construction modern ICs use!

Thanks,
Jonathan