The precarious state of classic software and hardware preservation

Guy Sotomayor ggs at shiresoft.com
Mon Nov 22 16:59:17 CST 2021

In my case it's stuff that *I* didn't save and just tossed it because
"Why would I ever want this anymore?".  I *really* regret tossing all of
the source for stuff I wrote while I was at IBM. It was after all IBM's
property (since I wrote it all as an IBM employee) and I doubt any of it
survives in any form anywhere, but I still wish I had some of it.  :-(

After it's all said and done, one has to wonder if we really leave any
lasting impact.  :-/

TTFN - Guy

--
TTFN - Guy