PDP-11 Diagnostic Program Listings Micro Fiche Scans

Sytse van Slooten cclist at sytse.net
Sat Nov 20 17:53:48 CST 2021

Hello Joerg,

Since you first published these, the listings have been of great use to me in improving pdp2011. Before, there were many tests that would just crash, and it would take ages to figure out why from the binary view in my logic analyzer and in some cases I just couldn't figure out what was going on. The listings made things so much easier to understand, and helped tremendously with implementing much more correct fpga pdp-11 systems. Before, there were only a few listings and some of them had crucial pages missing and I just had to guess what happened there - sometimes I guessed right, but more often it just was a mystery. Some of the xxdp programs are quite devious, and even with the listing it can be quite the challenge to understand exactly what is going on.

I still regularly check the files I mirrored 5 or so years ago - and sometimes I still need a couple days to figure out what is going on. Reading the pages is hardly ever an issue, understanding what is on them sometimes still is.

Thanks for putting in all the work,

Cheers
Sytse