What happened to control-data.info and controlfreaks.org?

Andrew Warkentin andreww591 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 21:08:58 CST 2021

On 11/18/21, Michael Kerpan via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> What happened? Looking back at my emails, the list was operating normally
> until September 3. Then it just stopped. There were normal discussions
> going on. There was no flood of spam. As far as I can tell, nothing occured
> that would trigger a rage quit.
>
> Is the software and documentation that was on the site at least archived
> elsewhere? Has anybody downloaded it and can maybe upload to archive.org?
>
> Mike

I downloaded some of the software and documentation from there a long
time ago and still have it, although I didn't actually scrape the
entire site. I can upload what I've got to archive.org.

The disk image kit of NOS 2.8.7 with CYBIS has been mirrored at
<https://codex.sjzoppi.com/doku.php?id=utilities:start> and most of
the documentation for it is available from the Wayback Machine at
<http://web.archive.org/web/20210421202420/http://www.control-data.info/CybisRelease.html>