IEEE-488 on the PDP-11

Sytse van Slooten cclist at sytse.net
Wed Nov 17 07:00:11 CST 2021

Hi,

Did you think of running MINC basic? That would almost certainly work, even if you don't have any other MINC cards in your machine.

Most elegant of course if you'd run the complete floppy image (to be found on Bitsavers), but I'd bet it will also just work if you extract the q4szmx.sav from those images and run that on just about any working rt-11.

Can't really test it out though - the IEEE488 stuff is not (yet) in my FPGA implementation of the MINC - it doesn't look to be difficult at all, but I don't have any IEEE488 capable instruments to connect to :-/

There's a nice manual on IEEE488 in the MINC set too, find it here: https://electrickery.nl/comp/minc/doc/ <https://electrickery.nl/comp/minc/doc/>

Cheers
Sytse