Does anybody have documentation or know about the OKI IF800/300 a.k.a. Sumicom System 830

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Nov 11 12:25:33 CST 2021

On Thu, 11 Nov 2021, pleasefixthisbrick via cctech wrote:
> I seem to have the only one in America, and I am trying to find documentation
> on it.  I have already backed up ROM's and it's custom CP/M build.   I am
> looking for in depth documentation that I can reference to get this machine
> functioning and accessible online.  Hoping to set up a BBS on it.

It certainly didn't have market penetration in USA!
I did once have, and implemented in XenoCopy, a sample disk from an
Okidata if800 model 20, which seemed to be the same as a BMC if800 model
20 (if one more alternate name might help you find information).  I
hadn't heard the Sumicom badging.

I also had a disk for Oki (don't know if same model) with the Microsoft
Stand-Alone BASIC, instead of CP/M.

Grumpy Ol' Fred     		cisin at xenosoft.com