TI-99/4a Monitor power cord

James B DiGriz jbdigriz at dragonsweb.org
Sat Nov 6 16:14:14 CDT 2021

On Sat, 6 Nov 2021 13:54:57 -0500
David Williams via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

<snip>

> Yeah I figured cleaning of one sort or another would only delay the
> inevitable. I can open it up and look at the cord attachment but
> thought I'd see if anyone knew or had anything showing it before I
> went to that trouble. My other thought was I have various cable wrap
> that I could encase it in as a quick easy way to deal with it.

Never had one of these to take apart and don't see a service manual
right off, but I'm assuming you have the 10" PHA4100 model, so the
connection will likely be whatever Matsushita/Panasonic used in TV's
that era. There was a 13" model PHA4000 that is a modified Zenith TV,
but those were pretty uncommon, only sold with the /4 (not 4A) until TI
got FCC approval for their RF modulator, which allowed most of us to
use a standard TV. The 4100 has a cleaner picture, though.

jbdigriz