LINCtape images

Vincent Slyngstad vincent.slyngstad at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 11:29:17 CDT 2021

On 11/5/2021 7:07 AM, Chris Zach via cctalk wrote:
> Speaking of which I have a couple of boxes of Linctapes from a pdp12
> system that was used in a college. Is there any value in getting the
> data off them?

I'd say yes :-).  It's a bit of a pain to do the imaging, but storing
the images has gotten quite affordable.  If you've got a working pdp12
you could try to curate the content, but that will likely be hard to do
well. Just saving the content is easier.

I maintain an archive of DEC software for the PDP8 and PDP12.  So far,
nearly every resource I've tapped into helps fill in something that was
missing.  Even so, the coverage is still sitting at less than half the
known titles after quite a bit of hunting.

	Vince