SerialDisk (Re: LINCtape images)

Christian Corti cc at informatik.uni-stuttgart.de
Tue Nov 2 04:42:13 CDT 2021

On Fri, 29 Oct 2021, Vincent Slyngstad wrote:
> There seem to be a couple of formats that were frequently used, and a third
> lesser used format.  One of the issues is that you have to go into
> maintenance mode, as far as I can tell, to determine the size of the block
> you just read into memory.

It seems so.
But I would need just a restore version of the program, capable of
formatting the tape first.
I'm wondering if I am the first who wants to create LINCtapes from an
image. There is a mention of using SerialDisk with the PDP-12 (a modified
version by cjl), but I can't locate it :-(

Christian