How to read Osborne 1 Floppies?

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Thu May 27 13:08:35 CDT 2021

On Thu, May 27, 2021 at 1:40 PM Chuck Guzis via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> On 5/27/21 9:51 AM, Al Kossow via cctalk wrote:
> > On 5/27/21 8:20 AM, John Herron wrote:
> >> We're the viruses identified and cleaned from the archive?
> >
> > no
>
> Viruses?  On CP/M-80 disks?  When Don and I were exchanging samples, I
> was unaware of such stuff.
>
> Someone want to enlighten me on Z80/8080 viruses on CP/M floppies?
>
> (FWIW, I do differentiate "virus" from "malware")

IIRC there were IBM PC format files in there too, and some of them had
viruses.  I scanned the "aadrvark tape backups" archive in 2014 and
found a few.  The files were from a C and a D drive created in 1995,
96, 97.  I thought the archive was no longer "lost"
BIll